Consentic is an online platform for medical and dental consent. Consentic provides a comprehensive library of patient-tested, medicolegally-reviewed consent video animations with interactive checklists and secure electronic consent forms. Consentic improves and standardises the consent process for medical treatment, making consent simpler and reassuring for patients, and safer and faster for clinicians.
Consentic is simple to use and faster than conventional consent.
As the clinician, you:
- log in to your Consentic account
- create a profile for the patient
- select the procedure you want the patient to be consented for.
- is emailed a link to watch the video at home, or watches it in your practice or hospital
- completes a checklist after watching the video, to ensure they have understood the procedure and its risks
- signs the consent form electronically
You then sign the consent form electronically. Consent is completed! You and the patient are emailed copies of the completed consent forms.
We have an extensive (and expanding) library of animations available covering the following procedures:
- breast surgery
- cosmetic medicine
- general practice
- interventional radiology
- orthopaedic surgery
- photodynamic therapy (PDT)
- plastic surgery
All of our video animations are created by medical specialists, and are reviewed by medicolegal experts prior to publication on Consentic.
There are more than 150 peer-reviewed studies in the medical literature supporting the use of video-assisted consent to improve consent for medical procedures.
Consent for medical treatment is not standardised between practitioners, practices and institutions. Consentic aims to bring clarity and consistency to medical and dental consent.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Time saved per consent
- Standardised consent
- Improved patient and clinician satisfaction
- Improved patient understanding
- Reduced patient anxiety
- Improved patient compliance with post-operative instructions
- Potential reduction in medicolegal risk.
What is the benefit to my patients?
- Improved patient satisfaction
- Improved comprehension and retention of material presented
- Reduced anxiety leading up to the procedure
- Improved compliance with post-operative instructions.
Yes! If you only want to access the video animations, your patient can watch them in your room, and then sign a paper based consent form. Additionally, it is possible to email your patients a consent which would allow them to watch the video animation. Please note that they are not obliged to complete the consent form.
We take patient privacy seriously. All information is Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act compliant. All data is encrypted.
Consentic doesn’t store any credit card information. All transactions are encrypted through Stripe.
Consentic video animations are comprehensive, yet simple to understand and enhance patient comprehension. The data of the patient watching the animation is logged, and patient understanding is tested prior to your patient signing a legally binding electronic medical consent form, so you can demonstrate they have understood procedure specific risks. Whilst we cannot guarantee that you will not be litigated against, you can rest assured that you have provided robust consent. All videos are archived for 20 years and any revisions or new versions are tracked, should problems ever arise.
No. Our flexible payment options mean you purchase monthly consent packages. There is absolutely no obligation to continue using the platform, and you will never be charged for anything without your consent.